To apply the Skin to your device please follow the instructions listed below.
Step 1 - Read any instructions included with the Skin before beginning.
Step 2 - Clean Device
- The surface that a Skinit Skin sticks to needs to be as clean as possible. It is very important to clean your device before applying your Skin - especially for mobile phones.
- First wipe the device surfaces where the Skin will be applied, with a slightly damp cloth. Do not get water directly on your device.
- Let dry completely.
- Next wipe the application service with a cloth slightly dampened with rubbing alcohol. This removes almost any finger print grease.
- Let dry completely.
Step 3-Examine Your Skinit Skin
- Look at your Skin and how it is cut.
- The thin sections easily stretch and/or break if you do not handle the Skin with care during the application process.
- Use caution when removing the Skin from the backing paper.
- Avoid stretching any part of the Skin, especially the narrow parts.* Stretching the Skin will cause it to not fit the device precisely.*
- The adhesive side of the Skin will stick to itself and may cause damage to the Skin.
Step 4 - Apply Your Skinit Skin
- It is important to take your time when applying your Skin.
- Pick a starting point on your Skin on the edge (preferably the largest area of the Skin).
- Gradually peel back the backing paper exposing the adhesive side of the Skinit Skin.
- Line it up over the top of your device as closely as possible. A good guide is to find a couple of buttons on your device close together and start applying the Skin there.
- Carefully apply the Skin to the device making sure it lines up with all the button openings and curves on your device.
- If the Skin does not line up correctly, carefully peel it off and try again. Make sure not to stretch the Skin or it will no longer fit.
- As you apply the Skin to the device, firmly press the Skin from the middle to the edges, pushing any air bubbles out from under the Skin. To make this easier, you can use a credit card or other plastic card to help apply more even pressure. Be careful not to scratch your Skin.
- When applying the Skin to curves or corners you can gently stretch the Skin to get a very tight fit.